Saturday 21 April 2012

Simply Saturdays and Crafty Individuals

Hi, 
Coloured or black and white? this is Gay's question today. She could not choose which version she prefers, so I post both and you let us know which you prefer.
To be honest, I would not be able to choose either, they are both lovely to me ;)


My card today is a one layer card and one of my favourite stamps from Crafty Individuals. At first it seemed a sad image but could just as easily be used for Christmas, missing you or write soon, I love her calm and innocent face. I inked the stamp carefully leaving the edge uninked and then I smudged the ink on the stamp with a baby wipe. I stamped her on my card and made a mask with a post it note.
I really couldn't decide whether to leave her black and white so continued to colour the background with the mask in place. I wonder which you prefer, I'd love to know!



Gay used:
Crafty Individuals stamps, CI 154, CI 214
Distress inks Pumice Stone and Wild Honey
See you next week :o)


17 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cards.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. For stark simplicity it's got to be the B&W card. However (sitting on the fence here) for drama and impact it's the coloured version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both great in different ways, Gay - I really couldn't choose. It works well on both - sorry x

    ReplyDelete
  4. think the one with the colour has the edge for me, has a bit more punch, fab cards Gay :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see nobody else could choose either! Love them both for different reasons, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous stamp and both cards are lovely. I like them both. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with the majority, i will try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just shows you that you dont have to go crazy with the inks and embellishments to get a good card.. i like both.. (nice stamp )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Less is more is what I think, black and white is always so elegant. Lovely cards both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them both, but I think by adding colour in the second one, it has made the little girl pop out !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like them both but I think the B&W appeals to me the most.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely the black and white one - simply superb - BJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Folks, It seems we are split then some for colour and some B/W,. Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. It's great to get your opinions. Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  15. they are both gorgeous...I think the picture pops up, maybe due to the colours

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love them both!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.