Wednesday 29 August 2012

PaperArtsy week: Button boxes

Hi,
How cute are these?? and what a lovely way to sort out your buttons (or flowers, or brads or any embellishment really...). Gio is behind this idea and I'm sure you will love it.
Don't forget to let us know in a comment below or by ticking one of the "like it/love it/ oh wow" box.

Don't forget our special offer on PaperArtsy stamps this week:


15 % off Hot Picks and Lynne Perrella collections
use offer code HPLP15
  

25 % off the Squiggly ink minis
use offer code SI25
25% off some of the Ink and the Dog minis
(from MN20 to MN57 included price adjusted on website)


use offer code PA50







I used a colouring technique I learned from Leandra Franich at the Extravaganza:
I stamped on a piece of PaperArtsy Crackly paper using MN65 and Jet Black Archival ink. I painted the stamped image on the back of the paper using different colours of Fresco Finish Paints. When dry (this is optional) I covered the painted area (still on the back) with Fresco Finish Paint Snowflake, to make the colours more vivid.



I painted the Tando chipboard houses with Fresco Finish paint South Pacific, London Bus and Butternut.
I covered the back of the house with a piece of book page . I assembled the houses and I glue to the front and sides the stamped images. I even added a little detail made with clay, stamped with MN65 stamp, coloured with Dreamweaver F/X mica powder, trimmed and dried with the heat tool.





For the little wooden reel: I painted it with Fresco Finish Paints, then I stamped on a piece of Crackly paper the little rule from HotPick 1006 plate, I coloured it on the back and I glued it to the reel; I glued to the top of it a detail from the MN65 stamped image. 

Gio used:
Dreamweaver metallic F/X: Gold dust-Glacier lake-Pink blaze

See you tomorrow



10 comments:

  1. Small and beautiful - a perfect combination in my book!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow these houses are as "cute as a button".....sorry couldn't resist the pun lol! A fab way to keep buttons...I love buttons!!!

    Maggie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab little houses and a great little tutorial. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great use for these little houses. Thanks for the tute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love everything about your little houses...you always have fantastic ideas Gio. Great stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just been admiring these over at Gio's blog... great to see a step-by-step, thank you - they're brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. C'est super joli et très ingénieux !!! Et Merci pour la technique de colorisation et ton pas-à-pas... All is great and so beautiful once again, thank you !

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.