Saturday 20 October 2012

Simply Saturday with Jane & Izzy

Hi, 
Final day for this Crafty Individuals week with Jane and I (Izzy) as Gay is on holiday. 
We hope you enjoyed this special week and that it brought a lot of inspiration to use the Crafty Individuals stamps, masks and dies. 

Jane will start today with a lovely sample using the Victoria and Albert Swirl Cutting Die, her trusted Copic markers and a tad of glitter ;)




First of all, I used green Bazzill with the die. I cut two small pieces of brown Bazzill and cut the two birds

Copics were used to colour the redbreast and give a little shading. Woodware leaf and daisy punches cut perfect sized fircones and poinsettias

Copics again added colour and shading

I then mounted it onto a white piece of card, die cut using Labels 10 and coloured with Distress inks

To finish, add a peel off and some glitter
Jane used
Spellbinders - Labels 10
Distress Inks - Barn Door
Woodware Punch - Mini - leaf and daisy


*********

I went for Christmas cards (trying to make them a bit ahead of time for once, instead of Dec 20th) and I use this lovely set, which is a top favourite of mine amongst all the Crafty Individuals stamps collection.
I also explain how I dealt with a mistake I made (twice!!) to make it work anyway. 
I'm sure I'm not the only one making that kind of scoring mistake ;)



The first card started with that happy mistake. I cut my card 11 x 5.5 inches, but scored it at 5 1/4. So I used that "extra space" on the right of the card to stamp the bauble 3 times and then drew the lines with a fine black marker to "hang" the baubles. 
I masked the card to leave just the strip at the bottom, which I coloured with Distress ink (whichever green inks were left on my Cut n' Dry foam as that was enough), and then stamped using Impression Obsession Scratches and Versafine Olympia Green ink
I then removed the mask, stamped the houses and the Merry Christmas with Onyx black Versafine and added a touch of Start Dust glitter glue on the trees (not that it shows much on the picture I'm afraid)

 On the second card, I did it again!! I scored the card at 5 1/4" (it was one of those days!) but this time I scored it again at 5.5" to fold it properly, and then added a score line at the top and bottom of the card to make it look like it was done on purpose (it was... really...).
I then masked the card again to stamp the Impression Obsession Scratches with Olympia Green Versafine, removed the mask, stamped the trees (same ink) and the deer + Peace word with Onyx black Versafine. 
Added a touch of Star Dust glitter on the trees and under the deer to make it look like snow.


Last card... no scoring mistake... good! I had run out of ideas...
Same masking to stamp the Impression Obsession Scratches with the Deep Lagoon Versafine this time. 
I then removed the mask, stamped the houses with the same ink, and the tree + greeting with Onyx Black Versafine. Added touches of glitter here and there on the card and Glossy Accents on one of the house.
 Material used:
Crafty Individuals stamps: CI-257
Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card stamp: Scratches
Versafine ink: Onyx black, Olympia Green, Blue Lagoon

Our special offer this week

20% off selected Crafty Individuals stamps. 
From CI-017 to CI-250 included
use code CRAFTY20 at checkout

See you tomorrow for the challenge





13 comments:

  1. I haven't noticed this CI set before it looks like a must-have! I love that you have shown how you worked around your mistakes Izzy (don't we all do that sometimes). A great selection of cards and I like the CI die as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clean and simple look of your cards, Izzy, and how you used the scratches stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great week of inspiration and learning - thank you all so much!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! I love the way you used the daisy and leaf punches to make poinsettias and cones....neat and such a lovely shaped card too. I like the clean and simple look and double creases!!! Tip! If you do this again, punch two holes along the side with the correct fold so that your holes are between the fold and the accidental crease. Tie ribbon through these holes and make a bow or knot. You card opens at your 'accidental' fold giving you card a spine. It's a great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards, and love that Impression Obsession stamp, that has to go in my collection for sure....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this CI stamp set and have never used it! You have inspired me, thank you. Your cards are fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My code crafty20 says invalid? Did put in CAPS too. Have also spent £25+ & no 10% discount.
    I know it's me doing wrong but not sure how?
    HELP. Lol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have just realised that any questions to contact direct. Will do so. Apologies.
    Great blog!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful cards another time... really love them ! Thanks for this great and so inspirful week one time more, a pure delight with Crafty products so-well highlighted ! :) Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.