Monday 3 December 2012

Cute week - Neil

Hellooooo,
How was your weekend? Are those Christmas trees up yet?

We have someone coming back as a guest designer, someone you know if you have been following this blog for a while... and I'm sure many of you will be delighted: Chris Dark  will be here this week and next week :). I am really pleased as I have always loved Chris' beautiful work :o)

So "cute week"... we don't often show you cute projects on this blog (which will change in the new year I might add), so we thought about making a full week of it.Not all our DT members are into cute, so there will be all sort of interpretation of cute really LOL.
Starting with Neil today, with a  perfect card for a a teenager. Pretty straightforward so it could be seen as C&S too

I used a Dylusions Stamp to make my card for a teenager. 

To start I stamped the girl onto white card and cut out. 
As the stamps are fairly large I used a sheet of A4 white card folded to create the card and used red card for the matt.


I used Distress Markers to colour the image before adhering to the right of the card. (It's probably obvious that I don't do a huge amount of colouring in but there are many who do a brilliant job of it!)

Use a black pen and ruler to create a floor line.

Using the brushed Corduroy Distress Marker, colour in the floor and run it along the LHS of the girl to create a shadow.

Lastly, use a black marker pen to add the sentiment and you are done! If you don't want to write by hand, a computer generated or stamped sentiment would work just as well.

To make his card, Neil used
Stamp - Dylusions Tallulah Tripp


Remember that we offer free postage on all UK orders
from now until December 24th.
For EU destinations postage is free over £30 and 
for everywhere else postage is free on orders over £50


See you tomorrow






1 comment:

  1. A good design for the age group but have to confess I can't get my head around cute! I think there are some hugely talented people who do cute and their work with marker pens is amazing. I'll have to stick with ink, paint and the distressed look!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.