As promised we start our alpha challenge today. Did you find or get some dictionaries? Are you all ready to go?
I need to pop at the charity shop here too to find one... or two even as I would like my daughter to make one too. I think it's a great thing for kids too.
As I mentioned last week, we are not going to do the challenge in alphabetical order. So this week, for the first challenge, we are playing with the
First of all, let me share the DT's samples with you...
Chris Dark is playing along (I am very pleased to say) and she chose the word "VOYAGE"
Gio has found an Italian-Chinese dictionary to alter and she chose V for VEIL
Karen is in the fruity mood with VICTORA PLUMS
Neil has chosen to tear the dictionary pages and use them in another book
Different approach to our challenge, but I like it! How about you?
It's all about VERITY with Neil this week.
and this week, you can win a £20 !!
so how can you play with us....
- Find a dictionary and start altering ... it's that simple.
Either you alter the dictionary itself, or you can take the pages to insert them in an Art Journal like Neil.
You can just stamp an image and colour it as Chris did, or alter the whole page.
You can also draw or sketch if you don't have any stamps... or use collages...
It's entirely up to you.
- Make sure that your letter / word is obvious: highlight the word and definition on your page one way or another
- Please make your sample for the Alpha Challenge.
You can't enter another challenge with a card with trees and say "oh it's start with T, let's use it for the Alpha challenge"
Does not work ;-)
- If you don't want to alter a dictionary but make other samples with the letters, it's ok.
But it has to be consistent... make a series of ATC, or TAGS with the whole alphabet throughout the year.
Start a new AAJ (Alpha Art Journal), but make sure that the letter/word and definition are obvious. It IS for an ALPHA/DICTIONARY challenge
I will delete entries if I have to, sorry :-/
- Challenges are posted every 2 weeks on Sundays
- There will be a prize to win each time (voucher or goodies)
- We don't give you the letters in order and will add a little "twist" sometimes to make sure you don't work ahead of time ;-)
- Challenge is open to all countries and all ages.
Get your kids/grandkids involved, they will love it.
If they learn another language, how about finding a dictionary for that language?
- Post your entry on your blog, with a permalink to ours (please and thank you), and add your link below (blue "add your link" button).
- If you don't have a blog, you can use your Facebook account if you have one. Either create a new public photo album to post your pages (but bear in mind that others can't leave comments unless they are your "friends")
you can create yourself a Facebook "PAGE", which is public, and this way, anyone will be able to comment on your work. If you don't know how to create a page on FB click here, I have explained it on a PDF.
- Make sure you enter a valid email address so I can get in touch with you if you win the prize.
You don't want to miss out on free goodies, do you?
- Having fun with us? You can enter several times each week if you are feeling inspired.
- You can use this logo on your blog and tell your friends about it to get them to play too
- Have I missed something?
if you have any question, please ask in a comment below, or email me and I will add the answer to this list
Can't wait to see your Alpha samples
See you soon
To find out how to use the blue ADD YOUR LINK if you have a blog, click here
LET US GET IN TOUCH
Could you please check this post I wrote a while back?
Most of the messages you leave on the blog will appear to me with no email address.
So I can't get back to you and answer your questions.
So please, please, update your profile, or contact me by email directly or leave you email in the comment.