Wednesday 2 January 2013

Canvas week and GD#2: Michelle from Québec

Hello everyone, 

As promised, let me introduce our second guest designer: Michelle Rondeau
Michelle is a fellow Canadian (not that I am Canadian...yet ... but I live in Canada :-), she is from Québec more precisely. It's nice to have someone on the same time zone as me, I don't feel as lonely anymore LOL.
If you participated in our calendar challenge, you would have seen her work as she played with us for 12 weeks. This is how we spotted her work and loved her style and decided to invite her as a guest designer. Seeeee, you never know what might happen when you enter our challenges.
So here's a little bio for Michelle and you can see more of her work on her BLOG.

My name is Michelle Rondeau, I'm French Canadian and live in a little town south shore of Quebec city. I have 2 daughters, a hubby and 2 cats. I craft, sew, paint but now all my time is spent playing with papers, stamps and inks. I love everything vintage and old books. I love to make mini albums, journals, altering stuff and I recently discovered a real passion for zentangles. I have been published couple times in Canadian and American magazines. It is such an honour to be a guest DT here at The Craft Barn. Thank you to all the team!

So Michelle has been playing with a canvas too and you will see that she has a very different style from what we already have on the DT. It's not classified as "cute", it's not grungy, it's somewhere in the middle with bright colours... modern and refreshing.. love it.


I drew a landscape and choose where I wanted the house because I wanted to colour the door and windows on the canvas so I marked them. I coloured the canvas with Distress inks thinned with water and a paintbrush. I also coloured edges of the canvas. I coloUred all of the Tando elements with the same technique. I drew and colour the clouds on watercolour paper. I stamped some writing and ink spots here and there. With the Copic multiliner, I added some details on the house and trees. I glued everything with Glossy Accents. At the end I thought something was missing so I chose to give it 4 feet. I simply used matching old beads and pins that were lying on my desk.  So the canvas won’t go on a wall but on a desk now.





Material
Stamps: IndigoBlu: Yorkshire Evening post (stains)

Distress inks-thumbled glass, peeled paint, fired brick, peacock feather, mustard seed, walnut stain, vintage photo

see you tomorrow


3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, that beautiful. I love the way you painted the windows and door straight onto the canvas. The colours are beautiful and your black and blue stripy edge...... ooh, gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Michelle's calendar so am already a fan of her work. This canvas is gorgeously creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh this is so quirky and gorgeous - I absolutely love it! I can't wait to see more of your work Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.