Wednesday 25 January 2017

Hearts and Flowers

Hearts and Flowers



Hi There!

It is Burns Night, hope you
have got your kilt aired,
bagpipes ready and the Haggis
standing by -

Here's the first line of Robbie Burns
address to get you started............. 


Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face, 

Great chieftain o the puddin'-race!
Aboon them a' ye tak your place,
Painch, tripe, or thairm:
Weel are ye worthy o' a grace

As lang's my arm.

On the other hand, here at The Craft Barn
we have a new theme for the week and
to start us off, here is Craftyfield:


"Nothing like being prepared, so I thought I would make
 a love themed card either for Valentine's day or just in case...


 The Honeydoo flower stamps call for a CAS style, 
so that is what I made. 

I used coloured inks rather than black and, in the end, 
the stamped image looked more than enough 
so I didn't feel the need to add any colouring 
with pencils or markers.

When I placed each stamp on my block 
I slightly changed
 the angle of the stem in relation to the flower head 
to create that stylised heart between the 2 flower stems. 

This is something you can do with clear stamps.



I inked the sentiment with pink, violet and blue inks 
by just touching the edge of the pad on each area 
of the sentiment for an ombre look.

I matted my image on pink cardstock and 
layered it onto a white 6x6 card base. 
3 little hearts from my scrap box 
(waste from a die-cut If I remember correctly) 
add the final touch.



I love how the flower design has the shadowed areas 
already built in: it's easy to add colour if you want 
but lovely just on its own too."


Supplies:
Honey Doo Crafts Clear Stamps: Lilies
Kaisercraft Love This :
Memento inks: (Black, Rose Bud, Bamboo Leaves) 


Thank you Craftyfield for a gorgeous CAS card 
to start us off

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx










2 comments:

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.